Chiesa di San Fabiano Monteroni d'Arbia
CHURCHES AND MONASTERIES
The church of Saint Fabiano is situated in the homonymous village in the commune of Monteroni d’Arbia. Collocated inside the homonymous castle, the church is already mentioned in 867; at the beginnings of the XIV century, it belonged to the parish of Lucignano, so, owing to the scarcity of the incomes, it was joined to the parish of Monteroni during the XVI century. The church, with a single nave and a semi-circular apse, shows its most interesting pattern in the ancient external drape in bricks; provided with a domical bell tower, it keeps some decorative elements on the front, like the architrave of the portal with the Forteguerris’ coat of arms of 1657.